Performing Arts Initiative in association with the Bath House Cultural Center and the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs announces an open call for entries for the fourteenth annual Festival of Independent Theatres, opening July 13th, 2012 and running through August 4th, 2012.
For more information, including submission guidelines, please go to the Festival of Independent Theatres website at www.festivalofindependenttheatres.org.
For more information about the Bath House Cultural Center, please visit www.bathhousecultural.com.
Entry qualifiers are as follows:
• Submitting companies must be independent theatre companies. (Producing company must not have ownership or management control of a theatrical performance space, including educational institutions.)
• Organizations must be based or perform the majority of the companies' performances in Dallas County.
• Scripts must be fifty minutes or less in performance time. (The festival may dismiss a company at any time for production run-time over fifty minutes.)
• Prior productions a company has produced in the past FIVE (5) years will not be accepted. Produced staged readings will be considered as long as not previously produced in a festival format.
• Submissions will be considered on the condition of the script at the time of the submittal deadline.
• Producing companies and their casts must be available for the entire festival run.
Deadline for submissions: Friday, March 2nd, 2012 by 6pm.
Submissions may be mailed or hand delivered (during regular business hours) to:
Bath House Cultural Center
Attn: Festival of Independent Theatres
521 E. Lawther Drive
Dallas, TX 75218
Electronic Submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic Submissions must be in Microsoft WORD or Adobe PDF format ONLY and must include a copy of the script! Please refer to guidelines for more information.